Monday, November 06, 2006

Phantom, the Merciless Killer

Over the last week or so, I was convinced that there was a mouse in here, but I hadn't seen anything, just heard it at night, scratching around. Also, my cat was staring at the cupboards almost constantly, so I knew that something was in here.

I woke up on Saturday morning, and was on my way to the bathroom, when I noticed something on the ground. It looked to be a little piece of string or something, so I bent down to take a closer look.

It was horrifying.

Before I say what it was, I have to say that my cat is pretty timid most of the time, loud noises frighten him, and he generally runs away and hides when vistors come over, with a few exceptions. He is, by nature, a fraidy cat.

What I saw on the ground both horrified and intrigued me - it was a mouse tail, just the tail, with a little piece of mouse left on the end of it. There were also a few more tufts of mouse hair lying there as well. EWWWWWWW!!!!

I looked around for the rest of this unfortunate rodent's mortal remains, but there were none. This led me to believe that Phantom not only caught the mouse and killed it, but also ate it.

Although it totally grossed me out, I have new respect for my cat now. If the rest of the mice are smart, they have packed up their mousey bags and left. Woe betide any more mice that get in THIS apartment.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

send him to my house

as MY cat has not learned how to catch a mouse or even acknowledge they could even BE in the house

he'd probably just observe and look at me like "uh, yeah so YOU deal with it"

Joe thinks he's gay.........

2:32 p.m.  
Blogger Jaci said...

So many people seem to have mice this year. I think they are getting ready to take over the world.

We have one at least in our garage.

8:13 p.m.  
Blogger jin said...

EVERYONE has them here, too. I have suspicions that the government has GMO'd them to spy on everyone.....
*jin looks around suspiciously*
are you with me or against me?!!?

LOL! ;-)

Oh & I don't think he ate it john. Sorry to say, but it's most likely that he hid it either
a)in your laundry
b)in a box of open cereal
or
c)underneath your pillow.


;-)

8:23 p.m.  
Blogger Rich said...

I'm with Jin. Cat's domestic cats don't generally eat mice.

You'll likely find the remains or he will leave them for you.

Nothin' says "icky" like a cats love.

10:03 p.m.  
Blogger John said...

I have come to the conclusion that Phantom did not eat the mouse, as I previously thought, nor did he hide it. I believe that the mouse is still alive and kicking, minus a tail. I looked everywhere for a tailless mouse corpse, but there wasn't any to be found. There is no smell either, so I don't think he hid it. It must have gotten away somehow, but left it's tail behind. Oh well, it isn't in here anymore, that's for sure :)

10:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home